Partner - Banking and Finance
Chris is a banking and financial services legal expert with particular talent in advising banks, major corporates, and trustee companies on corporate finance, cross-border leveraged lease transactions, and retail debt offers.
Chris has wide experience advising banks, financial institutions and major corporates on the full range of financing transactions, including syndicated facilities, project finance facilities, acquisition finance facilities and working capital facilities as well as advising and assisting major corporates with the introduction of new corporate lenders.
Bond raising for The Co-operative Bank
Acted for The Co-operative Bank Limited in connection with the establishment of a second series of bonds in its internal RMBS programme.
Financing for the acquisition of Vodafone New Zealand
Acted for the lead arranger banks in connection with the syndicated financing of the acquisition of Vodafone New Zealand.
- 1995, New Zealand
- LLM (Merit), University College of London
- BA, LLB, University of Otago
- Asset Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Debt Capital Markets
- Structured Finance
- Ranked as a Leading Individual – Banking and Finance, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Recognised for Banking and Finance Law, Project Finance and Development Practice , Best Lawyers
- Ranked as Highly Regarded - Banking and Finance, The IFLR1000