Leading law firm’s commitment to progressing diversity and gender equality recognised
For the fifth consecutive year, MinterEllisonRuddWatts’ commitment to progressing diversity and gender equality in the legal profession has been recognised by the prestigious Euromoney Legal Media Group Asia Women in Business Law Awards.
The awards celebrate the achievements of leading women in the legal profession, as well as progressive initiatives for gender diversity, mentorship, minority women, talent management, and work-life balance.
Six MinterEllisonRuddWatts partners have been named as finalists in their practice areas:
- Megan Richards for Labour & employment
- Rachel Devine for Environment
- Sarah Salmond for International trade, Shipping & maritime
- Sarah Sinclair for Energy, natural resources & mining
- Silvana Schenone for Equity capital markets, M&A
- Stacey Shortall for Litigation
The firm has also been shortlisted in all of the national award categories:
- Best gender diversity initiative by a national firm
- Best national firm mentoring programme
- Best national firm for minority women lawyers
- Best national firm for talent management
- Best national firm for work-life balance
- Best national firm for women in business law
- Best firm for pro bono work
MinterEllisonRuddWatts, Chief Executive, Andrew Poole, said: “Congratulations to our six partners who have been recognised for excellence in their practice areas. This recognition highlights our people as market leaders across multiple industries, while also nodding to their exceptional work and commitment to clients.
“We are also delighted to once again be recognised for our commitment to diversity and gender equality, two of our values that underpin the way we work both internally and with our clients.
“As a firm we are focused on fostering diversity and inclusion on all fronts – diversity of age, background, gender, ethnicity, accessibility and sexual orientation – all contributing to help foster an inclusive culture.”
The virtual award ceremony will take place on 15 September 2021.