Named New Zealand Law Firm of the Year by Chambers and Partners in 2017, we're a leading full service law firm with the expertise to help your team achieve your business objectives.
Our teams collaborate to bring our best to benefit our clients across key industry sectors including Energy and Resources, Infrastructure, Government, Health, Banking and Financial Services, Managed Funds, Technology and TMT.
We provide a seamless approach for clients in the Asia-Pacific region and more globally. As a member of the MinterEllison Legal Group, you have access to one of the largest full-service legal groups in the Asia-Pacific region- and can hand-pick a team of legal experts to fit your business.
Whether you have a specific requirement or you’d like ongoing legal advice, we want to get to know you. Our team will spend time at your offices to discuss your plans and understand your business. We want to work with you to complement your business.
Delivering value by listening to our clients, caring about their business and delivering technically excellent solutions and innovative advice is at the heart of what we do.
The firm is governed by a partnership board elected by our partners, and the management team is responsible for the firm's operations. Our division leaders are responsible for our practice areas and legal team management.
If you have a strategic proposal or business opportunity we'd like to hear from you.
- New Zealand Law Firm of the Year – Chambers Asia Pacific Awards
- New Zealand Deal of the Year (Allnex acquisition of Nuplex Industries) – New Zealand Law Awards
- Capital Markets Deal of the Year (Synlait Milk’s capital raising and dual listing) – New Zealand Law Awards
- Consumer, Media and Tech Deal of the Year (NBC Universal-MediaWorks for Bravo channel launch) – New Zealand Law Awards
- International Deal of the Year (Silver Fern Farms share sale) – New Zealand Law Awards
- M&A Deal of the Year (Allnex acquisition of Nuplex Industries) – New Zealand Law Awards
- Best New Zealand Firm for Women in Business Law – Euromoney Asia Women in Business Law Awards
- Highly Commended in the Empowerment category – Diversity NZ Awards
- Winner of the Supreme Award – AUT Excellence in Business Support Awards
- Best mentoring programme – Euromoney LMG Australasia Women in Business Law Awards
- Trademarks Law Firm of the Year – New Zealand – Corporate USA Today
Community and diversity
We embrace the responsibilities that extend beyond our client work and encourage all staff to participate in our Community Investment Programme.
We value and encourage individuality and diversity. Our firm is made up of individuals who have a variety of interests and come from different backgrounds.
We have a rich history. We are proud of our people – past and present – and our contribution to New Zealand:
- The Governor-General of New Zealand – Rt Hon Dame Patsy Reddy
- High Court of New Zealand Judges – Justices Allan, Dobson, Thomas, Keane and MacKenzie
- District Court Judges – Burnett and Crosby
- Judicial Conduct Commissioner (former) – Sir David Gascoigne
- President of the Court of Appeal (former) – Sir Ivor Richardson
- Inaugural Chairman of the Securities Commission (former) – Colin Patterson
- Chief Executive and Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Trade (former) – John Allen