Legal portal to boost in-house practice
New Zealand’s leading Legal Tech advisor, MinterEllisonRuddWatts, has launched a fully customisable and configurable client portal designed to create efficiencies for in-house legal operations.
The portal offers various modules, including a document management system and document automation system, which enable businesses to efficiently store, retrieve, share, automate and collaborate on their legal documents.
The portal innovation follows the firm’s joint venture – McCarthyFinch – to explore and develop AI for the legal sector – the joint venture was a first for New Zealand’s large law firms.
“Technology will transform the legal industry and increase access to the best legal advice. We are focussed on delivering new solutions that combine our understanding of legal operations with technology to add even greater value to our clients’ businesses,” says Lloyd Kavanagh, Chair of MinterEllisonRuddWatts.
Market research conducted by the firm’s Technology Innovation Team identified that many New Zealand businesses experience challenges around basic legal processes. The team also found that most technology solutions available in the market failed to meet the day-to-day legal operations needs of the average New Zealand business.
“While there are a number of off-the-shelf technology products in the market, many are designed for problems much larger than those experienced by Kiwi businesses, or they’re not configured to work in the way lawyers do,” says Tom Maasland, Partner and lead of the firm’s Technology Innovation Team.
“Since realising the gap in the market, we have been working with various clients and providers to develop the portal and a set of customisable products. We are delighted that these are now available to the market. While we are helping meet client needs, for us the portal serves as a platform for future developments, including integration of artificial intelligence products.”
The portal’s key benefits are:
- a modular approach allowing clients to select which features best suit their needs and budgets
- it’s fully adjustable with clients able to configure the layout and features for their organisation
- that there is no integration required with a client’s own IT system.
Modules currently available include:
- document management – a module allowing users to store, retrieve, share and collaborate
- document automation – a module that streamlines standard document production and speeds up repetitive document tasks
Other modules currently in development include:
- an online Compliance Risk Register that allows organisations to stay up to date with their compliance obligations
- a Virtual Data Room for use in simple due diligence situations
- an electronic signing solution
- integration with artificial intelligence solutions configured for the New Zealand market
Janine Brennan-Lynch, Marketing Communications Manager
Phone +64 9 353 9828 Mobile +64 275 128 821