MinterEllisonRuddWatts, home to New Zealand’s leading lawyers
MinterEllisonRuddWatts strength has again been recognised in the latest edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
The 2018 guide for New Zealand names 11 new partners as Leading Individuals and five new Next Generation Lawyers, representing the largest number of new entrants of any national law firm.
The Legal 500 rankings are based on a series of criteria highlighting practice area teams that provide the most current and innovative advice to corporate counsel. Its research is based on feedback from clients, law firm submission and interviews with leading private practice lawyers.
The 24 Partners acknowledged in the guide are:
- Andrew Monteith – Real Estate and Construction
- Andrew Ryan – Tax
- Cathy Quinn ONZM – Corporate/M&A
- Chris Young – Intellectual Property
- David Gilbert – Real Estate and Construction
- Gillian Service – Labour and Employment
- Jane Parker – TMT
- Jeremy Muir – Investment Funds
- Kate Lane – Banking and Finance
- Lloyd Kavanagh – Investment Funds
- Mark Sandelin – Restructuring and Insolvency
- Mark Stuart – Corporate/M&A
- Megan Richards – Labour and Employment
- Michael Langdon – Restructuring and Insolvency
- Rachel Devine – Projects and Resource Management (including Environment)
- Dr Ross Patterson – Competition as well as TMT
- Ross Pickmere – Real Estate and Construction
- Sarah Sinclair – Projects and Resource Management (including Environment) as well as Real Estate and Construction
- Sean Gollin – Restructuring and Insolvency
- Silvana Schenone – Corporate/M&A
- Stephen Price – Real Estate and Construction
- Tom Fail – Banking and Finance
- Tom Maasland – TMT
- Zane Kennedy – Dispute Resolution
The directory has also named six senior associates as next generation lawyers, and ones to watch.
- Andrew Suggate – Investment Funds
- Chris Baldock – Labour and Employment
- Daniel Collins – Banking and Finance
- Kate Cruickshank – TMT
- Kristel McMeekin – Competition
- Michael Thompson – Banking and Finance
Evaluating top lawyers around the world for almost 30 years, The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in more than 100 jurisdictions.