Partner - Property and Real Estate
David is a highly regarded commercial property lawyer who has advised on some of New Zealand’s largest property transactions and developments.
Advising on property acquisitions, property developments and leasing, David has particular expertise in putting together complex acquisition agreements, project contracts, commercial subdivisions, including office, retail and industrial properties, shopping centres and industrial parks.
He has extensive public and private sector experience in due diligence, and the acquisition and disposal of land, retail premises and office complexes. He also has experience advising clients, including the Crown, in the health, military and energy sectors.
David represents major asset managers in their property portfolio requirements from acquisition, including Overseas Investment Office compliance, management and divestment. David reviews and coordinates property leases.
David also specialises in infrastructure projects, with experience in both New Zealand and the United Kingdom and a focus on public private partnerships (PPP).
Aspire2 acquisition and sale of shares
Advised Aspire2, New Zealand’s largest vocational education provider and its founders in the acquisition of several private education groups, and the sale of the shares in Aspire2 business to Archer Capital.
- 1997, England and Wales
- 1992, New Zealand
- LLB, BCom, University of Otago
- Commercial Leasing
- Major Projects
- Property Acquisitions and Disposals
- Property Development
- Public Private Partnerships
- Ranked as a leading Real Estate lawyer, Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Ranked as a Leading Individual – Real Estate and Construction, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Ranked as a Notable Practitioner – Project Development and Real Estate Acquisitions, IFLR1000
- Recognised for Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers