Partner - Banking and Finance
Kate is a very experienced banking and finance lawyer with specialist legal knowledge advising financiers, borrowers and other market participants across a broad range of areas, from institutional finance to consumer finance. She has a particular speciality in advising financial institutions on compliance and risk issues and processes with a deep understanding of New Zealand’s banking legislation and regulatory framework.
Kate is recognised in all key international directories as a leader in her field. “She is exceptional, I find her support and advice invaluable. She is very responsive and provides accurate advice that is always appropriate” – Chambers Asia Pacific.
- 1999, England and Wales
- 1994, New Zealand
- LLB (Hons), University of Otago
- Asset Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Debt Capital Markets
- Structured Finance
- Syndicated Lending
- Ranked as a leading Banking and Finance lawyer, Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Ranked as a Leading Individual – Banking and Finance, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Ranked as Highly Regarded – Banking, IFLR1000
- Recognised by Expert Guides: Women in Business Law directory (the only New Zealander listed for Banking and Finance)
- Named as an IFLR1000 Women Leader for 2021, the elite cohort of leading female transactional experts.
- Recognised for Banking and Finance Law and Structured Finance Law, Best Lawyers
- Recognised by Who's Who Legal: Banking 2019 and Aviation 2019 guides, ranking the world’s leading finance lawyers
- Recognised by Expert Guides: Aviation Law directory (the only New Zealander listed)