Leveraging intellectual capital to create a business edge is a key driver for businesses globally.
Our practice advises a wide range of national and global clients from SMEs to large multinational companies across various industries on day-to-day and strategic IP issues. Chris Young who heads our practice is repeatedly recommended in leading legal directories for a strategic and commercial approach to IP over a wide range of areas. Chris also has extensive involvement with the International Trademark Association (INTA) including appointments to a range of INTA’s committees and he has extensive international networks. We provide strategic advice for brand and trade mark development and protection and full trade mark portfolio registration and management services for many local and international businesses.
Our full service practice can give you practical advice on your IP throughout its lifecycle. We’ll advise you on the creation, acquisition, licensing and franchising, commercialisation, protection, dispute resolution and enforcement of your rights and we have extensive experience in the IP aspects of corporate transactions. We work closely with other specialists in our firm providing you with comprehensive help on corporate structuring, capital raising, taxation, human resources, securitisation, transactions, compliance, dispute resolution and litigation. We have extensive experience with the Fair Trading Act, marketing, advertising, consumer protection, passing off, trade mark oppositions, dispute resolution and litigation.
We also advise on film and television production acting for a range of major studios and on regulatory work in the pharmaceutical and other medical sectors.
Our intellectual property team has been awarded
- Ranked as a leading IP firm for New Zealand, Asia IP Profiles 2018
- Trademarks Law Firm of the Year in New Zealand awarded to Christopher Young - Global Law Experts Practice Area Awards 2019
- Trademarks Law Firm of the Year awarded to Christopher Young - New Zealand - Corporate USA Today 2017
- Client Choice Award, New Zealand - Christopher Young exclusive winner for Intellectual Property - International Law Office 2015, 2016 & 2017
- New Zealand Trademarks Law Firm of the Year awarded to Christopher Young - Acquisition International's Legal Awards 2014
- Trademarks Law Firm of the Year in New Zealand awarded to Christopher Young - Corporate International Magazine Global Award 2014