Senior Associate - Tax
Simon is a tax specialist with more than 10 years’ experience delivering effective commercial solutions to a wide range of New Zealand and international clients.
Simon has a particular focus on M&A, financing transactions, managed funds, inbound and outbound investments, and corporate insolvencies. Simon routinely advises clients on the tax aspects of:
- share sale and business asset sale transactions;
- property transactions and land development;
- financing arrangements, from facility agreements through to structured debt issuances and securitisations;
- collective investment vehicles, including limited partnerships and portfolio investment entities; and
- inbound and outbound investment structures.
Simon also regularly helps clients engage with Inland Revenue, from assisting with everyday inquiries and small adjustments, through to advising clients in significant multi-year tax disputes with the Commissioner of Inland Revenue.
Simon has a strong background in tax policy having started his career in the National Tax practice of a “Big 4” accounting firm. Simon regularly presents and writes on new developments in tax, including the recent BEPS initiatives and the Tax Working Group’s proposals.
- 2006, New Zealand
- Master of Taxation Studies (First Class Honours), University of Auckland
- BCom, LLB, University of Auckland