Consolidation and Roll Ups
Consolidation and roll up projects are full of complexity.
If executed correctly, they can generate value, but there is a lot to consider and a lot that can go wrong.
Our consolidation and roll ups team will guide you through the challenges and steer you away from the pitfalls from the start to the finish of a consolidation or roll up strategy.
With significant experience in such transactions and an in-depth understanding of the issues which can (and do!) arise, we are perfectly placed to accurately scope, efficiently manage and successfully transact these deals.
Project management is core to any roll up or consolidation, and our team works seamlessly both within our firm and with the multitude of other advisors and stakeholders to provide the best advice and results for our clients.
- Evolve Education – Assisting Evolve Education to purchase 85 early childcare education centres from 39 separate sellers. The project took 12 months and was financed through a $139m equity raise via an IPO on the NZX. We then assisted Evolve to continue to purchase centres post-IPO, taking its total to 125 centres.
- Aspire2 – Advising our clients on the acquisition of eight private training colleges to create the Aspire2 education group. The group was then sold to Archer Capital.
- Arowana Capital – Advising Arowana Capital on the acquisition of the constituent parts of the Intueri Education which was subsequently listed on the NZX. We advised Intueri on several acquisitions following the IPO.
- Acting for NZ Equity Partners on its security consolidation project, resulting in the Fortlock Group. This was subsequently sold to Optic Security, itself a roll up of security companies.
- Dental Corporation – Advising on a roll up of 17 dental clinics across New Zealand to form Dental Corporation (NZ) Limited. Dental Corporation was subsequently sold to Bupa.
- Heritage Healthcare – Acting for Heritage Healthcare on its roll up acquisitions of several aged care businesses, and the subsequent investment into Heritage by Australian private equity firm Adamantem Capital.
Our cross-functional team covers all aspects of a roll up project including tax, structuring and trusts, banking and insolvency, employment, leasing and property, privacy, and consumer facing industries.